Intermediate Digital Photography (Photo 2) PH0415 Seats Available
Intermediate Digital Photography (Photo 2)
10/18/2022 to 11/1/2022
- Peter Glass
- Tuesday 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM
So, you have:
1. taken a beginning photography course or its equivalent
2. done a bit of shooting… hopefully applying the information you learned
3. felt overwhelmed!!
4. realized that a bit more classroom time might be just what you need
In this class, the major thrust will be integrating both old and new photographic information into real-world photo situations. We will start with a thorough review of the beginning photography course. We’ll then move on to some new and exciting topics, including:
· The operation of a portable flash. You will learn how it both can improve and extend your photo possibilities.
· Advanced depth-of-field and hyperfocal distance concepts. An understanding of these allows for more precise and controlled focusing.
· Live View settings. For certain photographic setups, this can make the picture taking process much easier.
· Introduction to Photoshop’s Adobe Camera Raw. This is the digital editing program I use to fix-up, enhance, or completely alter my photos.
· Composition and aesthetics. Using a selection of my photos, I’ll demonstrate various compositional ideas for making your pictures more interesting and dynamic.
· Discussing and critiquing each other’s pictures. This will be done both as a way to further understand photographic composition and aesthetics, as well as to explore specific shooting issues you may be having with your own images.
In addition, you will have plenty of time for doing practice shoots with your camera. This will help solidify what you have learned about photographic theory and the operation of your camera. And it will be your chance to try a variety of composing ideas. The handout from the Photo 1 class will be used again in this class. Topics covered in the Photo 1 class will be reviewed while new topics from the handout will be discussed. Enrollment in this class will be limited to fifteen (15) students. There are no discounts available on this class.
Please bring to class your digital camera (with its battery charged), your camera's instruction booklet, a tripod (not absolutely necessary, but would be very helpful), and photos you have taken, saved as JPGs on a flash drive.
- Class Fee $65.00
- Materials Fee $5.00
Note: Class has been CANCELLED