ONLINE: Investing as a Hobby "Workshop" FP045 Seats Available
ONLINE: Investing as a Hobby "Workshop"
10/23/2023 to 11/20/2023
- Brian Flynn
- Monday 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
Learn how to use an Investment Analysis template that takes you step-by-step through Warren Buffett’s criteria for finding great businesses. In this hands-on workshop you’ll learn what Warren Buffett looks for in great businesses. We’ll use an investment analysis template to research a company Warren Buffett currently owns. Along the way you will grade the company on key metrics and explore five different types of moats (competitive advantages). We’ll check out the management team and try to figure out how much the company is worth and apply a margin of safety. Once the investing template is complete you will have a one-page profile of a company and the information to make an investment decision: invest, don’t invest, or wait for a better price.
You will learn about:
- Competitive Advantages. Some companies have them, some don’t
- Financial Key Metrics. Guidelines to evaluate and grade them
- ROIC. Return on invested capital
- Mr. Market & Margin of Safety. Paying a fair price
- The Google Sheets Investment Analysis template used in class. Use it to analyze a company of your own and begin building a watch list of companies to buy.
If you signed up for this class after 10/22/23, please contact the office so they can send you the log-in link. 860-870-6060. Keep trying number (do not leave message), someone is in the office. Thank you.
- Class Fee $65.00
Note: Registration has ended