Digital Photography - Intermediate PH0215 Seats Available
Digital Photography - Intermediate
10/17/2023 to 10/24/2023
- Peter Glass
- Tuesday 5:30 PM - 8:30 PM
So, you have:
- have taken a beginning photography course or its equivalent
- have done a bit of shooting… hopefully applying the information you’ve learned
- maybe feel somewhat overwhelmed from the beginning course!!
- want to both review the beginning course material and learn even more about photography and your camera
In this class, the major thrust will be integrating both old and new photographic information and skills. We will start with a thorough review of the beginning photography course. We’ll then move on to some new and exciting topics, including:
- Live View settings. For certain photographic setups, these can make the picture taking process much much easier.
- Introduction to Photoshop’s Adobe Camera Raw. This is the digital editing program I use to fix-up, enhance, or completely alter my photos.
- Advanced depth-of-field and hyperfocal distance concepts. An understanding of these allows for more precise and controlled focusing.
- Composition and aesthetics. Using a selection of photos, I’ll demonstrate various types of compositions that can make your pictures more interesting and dynamic.
- Discussing and critiquing each other’s pictures. This will be done to further understand photographic composition and aesthetics and to explore specific shooting issues you may be having with your own picture taking.
In addition, you will have plenty of time in class to practice shooting with your camera. This will help solidify what you have learned about photographic theory and the operation of your camera. And it will be your chance to experiment with various composing ideas. Enrollment in this class will be limited to fifteen (15) students.
Be sure to bring your digital camera (with its battery charged), extra lenses, battery charger, and instruction booklet. If you have them, also bring an extra camera battery and camera card. In addition, bring photos you have taken, saved as JPGs, on a flash drive. Prerequisite: my Digital Photography 1 class (or its equivalent) or an understanding of basic photographic theory and some familiarity with the operation of your camera.
Please note: A $5.00 material fee is due to the instructor the first night of class. Please bring cash to cover this fee.
This class will be held at Rockville High School in Room 163. Directional signs will be posted in the lobby of both school entrances.
- Class Fee $65.00
Note: Class has been CANCELLED